Sunday, August 8, 2010

SEALY



This is the start of a book I did when my daughter was just starting kindergarten, now she is in the Animation department of UH Manoa and last year finished a cartoon based on this original SEALY book. She enhanced her story with her own memory and it is having its first film debut in a local filmfest, at the Pipeline Cafe on Oahu next tuesday. As I found the original copy I made in 1984 with xerox machines, I am now realizing what I couldn't do then I can now do with the computer. So I scanned it all and I hope to prepare it for publishing on createspace. Which looks affordable and enables me to publish the whole version. I couldn't resist this drawing as I thought it was so cute,  Michie riding her bike to kindergarten with her little friend SEALY tagging along to keep her company. It is definitely a picture out of time, 1984, with of course a little imagination slipped in.

No comments:

Post a Comment